Thursday, February 14, 2013

Lucky in Love

Made with Shapely
Since our very first Valentine's Day together (holy shit, thirteen years ago), Josh and I  have celebrated with pizza and a movie in our jammies at home. (We've since added a See's Candy portion to the celebration. Because nuts and chews.)

Untitled
But that doesn't mean we don't take a moment to acknowledge how truly, truly lucky we are. This Valentine's story was waiting for me last night when I got home from work. I'll probably stop weeping over it eventually, but it won't be anytime soon.

Made with Shapely
We also like to do a little something special for the other people we're lucky to have in our lives. I made this strawberry jam with Meyer lemon juice & zest for Dash's teacher, Mrs. McCoy. Dash made the label.

Untitled
And the tag. We like a pun in the Engel house.

Untitled
Here are Dash's school Valentines. I printed them out onto card stock (blank arms can be found here, courtesy of the generous & talented April of  Secondsister) and added a lolly and a fun temporary tattoo.

Untitled
Hope your Valentine's Day is filled with love (and chocolate), too!

No comments: